INTRODUCTION AND SUMMARY
Your privacy is important to Mr. Beard (“Mr. Beard ” or “we”). In this policy, we want to inform you about how we process your personal data and rights. Personal data is information that can be linked to you as a private person, for example, your name and contact information.
To summarize, we process your personal data:
- To the extent required to be able to handle and deliver your order.
- To bring offers and inspiration to you. Both through newsletters, text messages and targeted personalized marketing in social media, as well as otherwise online and offline.
- To communicate with you and answer your questions.
- To ask you about Mr. Beard and your experience with us.
- To remind you of an abandoned "shopping bag" and provide our "Build Your Art Wall" feature.
- To create and maintain a customer account (incl. features such as favourites).
- To comply with laws and regulations (e.g. consumer and accounting law).
- You have several rights under the Data Protection Act. For example, you always have the right to object to marketing. You can also read about how you can influence our processing of your personal data - what rights you have.
Do you want to know more? Please read our detailed explanations below. You can read about how, why and how long we process your personal data.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Mr. Beard is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Note that our providers of payment solutions, for example, Klarna, process personal data that they retrieve from our website when making purchases and are themselves responsible for their processing.
If you want to contact us about the processing of your personal data, contact us at email@example.com
FROM WHO OR WHERE DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process the personal data that you have shared with us.
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data is mainly processed by us at Mr. Beard. We will never sell your personal data. In some cases, we share your personal data in order to fulfil our obligations to you in a good and efficient way:
- In order to make sure that you pay us, our providers of payment solutions will have access to your personal data.
- In order for us to be able to deliver your products to your home address or delivery point and handle returns, we will share your personal data with shipping companies.
- In order to collect and publish your reviews on our website, we share your personal data with the supplier who provides us with technical solutions to collect and publish the reviews.
- If a friend has referred you to us via the tip platform, we will share a hashed (unreadable) version of your email address with the provider of the technical platform that makes it possible to tip friends. The purpose is to know if we should pay the provider of the service for the tip or not. Note that the provider cannot, therefore, convert this into an email address.
- In order to market relevant products and to make our website as relevant as possible, we share your personal data with those who provide us with marketing services. For example Google and Facebook.
- We will share your personal data with IT providers who process the personal data on our behalf as assistants to help us with IT services.
- In order to be able to print and send out your personal poster, we need to share your personal data and any information to be printed on the poster with our printing company.
You can contact us if you want more detailed information about how we share your personal data.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA?
Mr. Beard generally processes your personal data within the EU/EEA, but in individual cases, we use suppliers from countries outside the EU/EEA. When we transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA, Mr. Beard that there is a sufficiently high level of protection.
Mr. Beard may transfer your personal data to the United States, to our newsletter provider and to our service providers to market relevant products and to make our website as relevant as possible.
Our US suppliers are Privacy Shield certified. Privacy Shield is an agreement between the EU and the US whose basis is to protect the fundamental rights of Europeans and to ensure legal certainty for companies that transfer personal data to the US. US companies can become Privacy Shield certified by the US Department of Commerce. This ministry verifies that the suppliers' privacy policies live up to high standards for data protection.
Contact us if you have any questions about how we share your personal data or if you want information about the security measures we have in place.
HOW CAN YOU INFLUENCE THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
According to data protection laws, you have several rights to influence our processing of your personal data. Read more below.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT AND TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
You have the right to fully or partially withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data. Your revocation will apply from and including the time you revoke consent. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You always have the right to object to marketing from us, such as newsletters. You generally have the right to object when the processing is based on a balancing of interests. Read more about what that means below.
In some other cases, the right to object does not exist (eg because we have to save your personal data). If we can show compelling legal reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests and fundamental rights or if it is for the purpose of settling, exercising or defending legal claims, you never have the right to object to the processing.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether we are processing personal data concerning you. You can access the personal data and receive a copy of the personal data that we process.
RIGHT TO CORRECTION
You have the right to correct incorrect personal data concerning you and to ask us to have incomplete personal data completed.
RIGHT TO DELETE (“THE RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN”) AND LIMITATION OF PROCESSING
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. This applies, for example, if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed or when you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal basis for continuing the processing. You also have the right to request that Mr. Beard restricts the processing of your personal data. This applies, for example, when the correctness of the personal data is questioned by you or if the processing is illegal and you object to the deletion of the personal data and instead request that the use be restricted.
RIGHT TO SUBMIT COMPLAINTS TO A REGULATORY AUTHORITY
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can do so in the particular EU/EEA Member State where you are domiciled, where you work or where an alleged breach of applicable data protection legislation occurred. In Sweden, Datainspektionen is the supervisory authority. This right does not affect other administrative or legal actions.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to ask us to transfer some of your personal data that we have about you to another company (data portability) This right applies to personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and compatible format if: :
- The processing is based on consent or a contract; and
- The treatment is carried out automatically
When exercising your right to data portability, you have the right, where technically possible, to have personal data transferred directly from Mr. Beard to another data controller.
HOW AND WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Our goal is to be as transparent as possible regarding how and why we process your personal data. In the table you can read more detailed information about why we process your personal data (purposes of the processing), which personal data we process, our legal basis for processing your personal data and how long we process your personal data for each purpose.
TREATMENT BEFORE PURCHASE
In order for us to be able to communicate with you, to save a picture wall that you have created and to receive feedback from you, we must process your personal data. If you do not provide us with your personal data for these purposes, we will not be able to provide you with the service or answer your questions.